Friday, May 4, 2012

RIP MCA

Here is one Beastie Boys memory for ya'll

sitting in a parking lot for a grocery store in Grants Pass, Oregon in an 86 Camry that I was very proud of. Circa 2004 late winter/spring, listening to "Message to the 5 Burroughs" at full blast, trying to listen to what had been "going on" in the NYC Hip-Hop arena while I had been bumming around organic farms for three years and off the grid. Going through things with my girlfriend at the time, trying to make life decisions, etc. Thanks MCA, you guys kept it fun.

Via @TransWorldSKATE
On a side note its 1AM and some neighbors are having a party a few houses down. The rain is falling steadily outside my window, and I have some szechuan food and apple cider before me. I love living in Clifton because people are allowed to make noise late at night and people don't call the cops. Its a freedom thing. I don't partake in the parties, but at the same time they don't annoy me that much and I'm glad that its okay to let loose on the week-ends here.

No comments:

Post a Comment